Senior Software Engineer
About The Position
Voyager Labs is a pioneer in developing advanced technologies based on Artificial Intelligence, cognitive computing and deep learning algorithms. Our solutions enable clients to derive deep actionable insights from the vast and growing ocean of unstructured data. Our mission is to help create a safer, more prosperous world.
Voyager is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will play a key role in the design and implementation of our Voyager Analytics platform. As a senior engineer you'll help us to develop an innovative and complex product and be a professional focal point to the rest for the team.
The role includes:
· Design, development, stabilization and control of distributed high-scale systems.
· Bringing legacy and new systems to optimal performance, on a large number of nods.
· Tech research and suggesting technical solutions accordingly
· Designing and implementing micro services-oriented architecture.
· Lead implementation of end-to-end complex features.
· Serve as a technological authority in our agile development team.
· At least 5 years of experience in Java.
· Linux experience.
· Experience with Java-based web-containers (Tomcat, Jetty, etc.).
· Experience with big cloud-vendors (GCP, AWS).
· Experience with software and system-design of distributed systems, working on large-scales.
· System-wide overview, ability to see the big picture of a system.
· Experience with version-control tools (GIT).
· Familiarity with “Big-Data” technologies such as Cassandra, Elastic Search, DynamoDB, Queues, etc.
· Experience with Java performance profiling and optimization.
· Broad system perspective
· Knowledge in micro services architecture.
· Ability to work independently and in a team, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
· A real team player who’s passionate about technology