Director of Data & Analytics
About The Position
Help us shape the future of AI-driven customer acquisition!
We bring innovation and expertise in the fields of AI & cognitive computing, along with extensive knowledge about customer acquisition and audience building.
We are building a new platform from the ground up which will disrupt the commerce world as we know it.
The platform’s core involves AI, cognitive computing, deep learning, infrastructure, search, data science, data collection and information processing, harnessing massive amounts of unstructured data.
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Data & Analytics to join our product team, building from scratch the areas of big data, BI & analytics. This is a key role in a rapidly growing technology company, using cutting-edge AI and ML.
The ideal candidate has prior experience building out predictive analytics or search, personalization and recommendation platforms.
As Director of Data & Analytics you will:
- Manage and build a talented team of analysts
- Conduct in-depth strategic research of our competitors and market needs to guide decisions around our data strategy per our product vision and roadmap.
- Understand the analytic needs of the consumer marketplace through interactions with clients, partners and internal stakeholders.
- Develop the data roadmap using the most appropriate technologies.
- Identify, comprehend and analyze relevant data sources to support data vision.
- Construct and execute a plan for formulation and maintenance of training data to support technology development.
- Build data infrastructures, working closely with R&D to identify the appropriate platforms and own the integrity of the data.
- Incorporate the existing technology road map for centralized common data and highlight specific company needs with milestones and tracking.
- Build analytics capability with product management and key technology partners.
- Continually evaluate the environment to challenge assumptions and suggest new sources of data, tools, and potential partners.
- Analyze and optimize products and activities, take part in design and implementation, and be a key part of strategic product decisions.
- Build a high-quality BI and Data Warehousing team and design the team to scale.
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards and metrics, in addition to monitoring the integrity and validity of the data reported.
- See beyond numbers and help inform, influence, support and execute our business decisions.
- An expert in data & analytics, with at least 5 years’ experience in business and customer analytics, and 3+ years experience managing team members.
- You are passionate about working with huge datasets and love to bring data together to answer complex business questions that deepen our understanding of the end consumer behavior, preferences and interests.
- An excellent team leader, with outstanding business acumen and the ability to work with product managers, R&D, data scientists and business stakeholders.
- A self-starter who pays attention to details and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
If this sounds like you, send us your CV.
- Experience with datasets, Hive, and data visualization tools
- Advanced degree
- Machine learning
- Internet advertising and /or marketing