Grow with Us
We build technology that makes the world a safer place. Want to help?
Experienced DevOps Engineer
About The Position
Who are we?
We make the invisible visible. Deep digital investigation platforms for your most complex challenges.
VoyagerLabs enables investigators and analysts to collect and analyze massive amounts of complex digital unstructured data and acquire actionable, previously unattainable insights. Leading government and law enforcement agencies, as well as private sector clients, use our cutting-edge AI technology in the United States and worldwide to gain a vital edge in the battle against crime, fraud, terror, trafficking, internal threats and other risks.
Each of our employees has the chance to both make the world a better place, and grow and develop his/her skills in a growing, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Your Upcoming Challenge
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who will play a key role in the design and implementation of our systems and networks, and be responsible for medium-to-large projects and initiatives to integrate advanced production tools for the R&D and Support teams.
In This Job You Will
- Apply your DevOps skills to Voyager’s large-scale, all cloud platforms of excellence
- Be part of building continuous Deployment/Integration and configuration management tools using GitLab and Jenkins.
- Be part of building and integrating monitoring tools and logging infrastructure (e.g., Fluentd, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Prometheus).
- Build automation to execute common operations on various all cloud and on-premises (VMWare) services such as software upgrades and data migrations.
- Be responsible for managing provisioning, monitoring, security, connectivity and back up of our platform services.
- Provide relevant technical guidance for the DevOps and Engineering teams.
- Be part of a strong and talented team of DevOps Engineers and collaborate with R&D.
What do you bring to the table?
- 4+ years of DevOps experience
- Large scale production environments
- Linux administration experience, including installation, networking, bootstrapping and security
- Vast experience with AWS or GCP
- Continuous Deployment/Integration and Configuration management tools (e.g., Jenkins, Ansible)
- Version Control systems (e.g., Gitlab)
- Working directly with R&D and guiding developers
- Programming scripting skills (Python/Bash is an advantage)
- Monitoring tools and logging infrastructure (e.g., Fluentd, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Prometheus)
- Configuration management tools (ZooKeeper)
- NoSQL database experience (e.g., Cassandra, Solr, MongoDB)
- Docker orchestration tools (K8S is a must have)
- Experience with CI/CD flows
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Fast ramp-up, quick learner, highly motivated
- Java proficiency
- Proficiency with Gradle build tools
- Broad system perspective
- Networking theory, protocols and technologies
- Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills