Grow with Us
We build technology that makes the world a safer place. Want to help?
Senior System Engineer
About The Position
Voyager Labs is a pioneer in developing advanced technologies based on Artificial Intelligence, cognitive computing and deep learning algorithms. Our solutions enable clients to derive deep actionable insights from the vast and growing ocean of unstructured data. Our mission is to help create a safer, more prosperous world.
We are looking for an elite Senior System Engineer to join our IT team. We are looking for a passionate team player who will join a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The Senior System Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the inhouse information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Senior Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Leads the day-to-day operational hand-on and support for all data center’ infrastructures.
- Leads in planning and implementing changes to infrastructure for all business needs.
- Manage complex activities for servers, storage, backups, data migration and disaster recovery operations.
- Performs complex software and operating system upgrades and track system licensing.
- Troubleshooting problems related to platform performance.
- Documents complex procedures, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Works with Business Applications, vendors, consultants, contractors, and other divisions and departments.
- Resolve time-critical deployment and production issues.
- Handle incidents, problems and improvements for the ongoing deployment activities.
- Managing and progressing deployments for end customers and internal channels from local and remote.
- Responsible for technical support for company solutions.
- Data centers operation, including installation, maintenance and provision of hardware and software support.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in production environments.
- Linux administration experience, including installation, networking, bootstrapping and security – a must.
- Relevant skills in Microsoft environments (OnPrem & Cloud).
- Virtualization & Hyper-convergence deep knowledge (VMware & vSAN).
- Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills.
- Work closely with the internal teams well as interfacing with CISO.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work directly with customers.
Relevant Knowledge / proficiency in:
- Knowledge of one or more of the following scripting languages: Bash, Python, PowerShell.
- Relevant skills in networking discipline, protocols and technologies (e.g., Switches, Routers, Firewalls).
- Ability to work independently and in a team, in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in AWS, Azure and preferably other cloud platforms.
- Willingness to travel – up to 20% abroad.
- Professional-level English – reading, writing and speaking.
- Continuous Deployment/Integration and Configuration management tools (e.g., Jenkins, Ansible).
- Operating monitoring tools and logging infrastructure (e.g., Sensu, Logstash, Elasticsearch).
- Hands on experience designing, implementing, and supporting Kubernetes environments.
- Databases experience (e.g., MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Solr).
- Version Control (e.g., Git).