Grow with us
We build technology that makes the world a safer place. Want to help?
Senior Corporate Legal Counsel
About The Position
Who are we?
We make the invisible visible. Deep digital investigation platforms for your most complex challenges.
Voyager Labs enables investigators and analysts to collect and analyze massive amounts of complex digital unstructured data and acquire actionable, previously unattainable insights. Leading government and law enforcement agencies, as well as private sector clients, use our cutting-edge AI technology in the worldwide to gain a vital edge in the battle against crime, fraud, terror, trafficking, internal threats and other risks.
Each of our employees has the chance to both make the world a better place and grow and develop his/her skills in a growing, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Your Upcoming Challenge
The Corporate Counsel will provide legal advice and support on a variety of matters, with a particular focus on corporate and commercial law and transactions in support of the Company’s strategic goals. The Corporate Counsel will have responsibility for drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements and supporting the Company’s rapid growth.
The Corporate Counsel must be able to work well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively with senior management and other staff. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the laws and regulations applicable to the SW SAAS industry globally.
In This Job You Will
- Work closely with the various departments across the organization and advise on all legal aspects associated with the company’s business activity.
- Draft and amend legal documents such as contracts, statements, agreements etc.
- Provide business-oriented legal counseling and guidance on a range of operational, commercial, corporate, labor and compliance issues.
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- Advise senior management in various legal matters and aspects.
- Protect the company against legal risks and violations.
- Establish new entities in a variety of jurisdictions.
- Manage the company’s intellectual property such as trademarks, patents, domains etc.
- Work with the Company's external legal counsels on various matters as needed
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience (compliance/ regulatory experience, working in a global international organization as an in-house compliance function).
- An attorney with a strong passion for technology and cutting-edge technological innovation e.g. cloud-based computing, cybersecurity, etc. You need to know computers.
- Proven experience in: commercial law, privacy law and cybersecurity standards and laws.
- Solid, practical judgment in business matters, including with respect to risk assessments and compliance issues.
- Good Knowledge of regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Getting things done approach, with the right balance of legal risk mitigation and choosing the right battles.
- Experience working with startups.
- Willingness to participate in negotiation calls with US-based customers in the evening (unusual but occurs when needed)